Need help now?

November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

That's great @Sophi-RO  Thanks for clarifying that.

So the next set of questions relate to the content and what people get as as part of their 'Coaching Service'.

As has been said before there are 4 sessions provided the question is

Are they related to each other or completely separate? Are they different topics etc?

Super frequent scribe
the_ant65

Hi guysI new to this also

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hello @the_ant65 So nice to have you here!  Please feel free to just dive in and ask any question you have.

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @the_ant65! Glad you could make it!

Super frequent scribe
the_ant65

got to go sorry, is this on every Wednesday or every month?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

I wondering @taokat if you could answer a question that we get asked a lot

Are the suggestions and strategies the coaches come up with achievable in the house?

I think parents are worried that the advice will be great but it will be too hard to carry out.

How did you find it?

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Q: Are they related to each other or completely separate? Are they different topics etc?

So I'm keen to get @taokat's take on this too - but I'll explain a bit about how all the different sessions work...

Technically you can have 5 different phone sessions with your coach.

The first one, you have booked at the end of doing the registration form and is 90 minutes long... it's called "Understanding my teenager" - you get to know each other and document what is you want to work on and you'll come away from this session with a clear, personalised action plan that you coach will share with you through the online dashboard.

At the end of that session you and the coach will decide if one session was enough - or is one of the other 60 minute sessions a good idea to do next? and you can do up to three more structured sessions, in any order.

"Connecting with my teenager" - about reviewing your action plan, whats working or not and building up your relationship and problem Solving

"Communicating with my teenager" -  action plan review: communicating/negotiating

"Supporting my teenager" – support planning- formal and informal supports for your teenager, especially if more ongoing support is needed...

Then there is a the "Follow Up" at the end. It's a 30 minute check on your progress, making sure you have what you need and closure of the program

Super star contributor
taokat

Every month @the_ant65. I hope you've found out a little about the coaching. Enjoy your night and I'll see you in the forum! Smiley Happy

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

The third Wednesday of every month @the_ant65

But, there is an awesome Friday night chat happening here on the forums too. Every week.

Parents come and chat about different things.

A great way to connect and debrief at the end of the week and before the weekend!!

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Message contains an image

Before each session you need to watch a video in the online dashbaord that helps set you up for the session, and at the end of each session there is a very short questionnaire for you to give us feedback. And at the end of the program you answer the same quesions you did at the beginning and your coach will show you your progress!

Here is an image I  made to try and so the coaching model

model.PNG