Need help now?

November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

So we're down to the last question of the night before we wrap up.

The one I get asked a lot is whether parents can do it twice. basically:

What if things don't get better or something else happens, can I do it again?

What if I have a different issue with another child, can I do it again?

What's the current situation regarding this @Sophi-RO ?

Super star contributor
taokat

Absolutely @Ngaio-RO.

Are the suggestions and strategies the coaches come up with achievable in the house?

They are very achievable in the house! The strategies given are things that you can start using straight away, and are very practical. I know I used the suggestions I was given straight away. Coaching is useful for families going through a whole range of issues as well.

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

These are good questions - 

What if things don't get better or something else happens, can I do it again?

What if I have a different issue with another child, can I do it again?

So first off I guess the thing to note is that with coaching, the things you learn you might be able to apply yourself in another situation - it's about building on your existing great knowledge and expertise as a parent, so you have skills you can apply in different situations.

However, yes you can do the program again - at the moment the way to do that is sign up again with a different email address, however in the future we will have a better way for you to that with your existing account...

Hope that helps

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

that's awesome to hear @taokat that the ideas were practical and things you could do straight away.. Sometimes it can feel like things will never change but I know that you are living proof that things can change and improve!
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

And by using them @taokat did you see changes? Did you feel like you were getting results?

Super star contributor
taokat

What's really great too is that strategies you come up with are written down, so are there for you to refer back to if need be. I'm the sort of person that can get stressed and revert back to default so having something I can read over I find really helpful.

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

I'm the same @taokat, if I didn't have it written down it didn't happen!!!
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

That's amazing thank you @Sophi-RO

By answering the questions that we hear most often, we now have a thread with all the most relevant information, here ready to be read by everyone. Which is amazing!

The only thing to add, which I'm sure everyone already knows is this service is completely FREE. All you need is a computer and a phone and a quiet spot to chat. You can schedule appointments before and after work as the coaches are available outside of standard office hours.

Thank you so so much to @taokat for all her usual amazing ness!! And a special thanks to @jphole and @Goleby and @the_ant65 for joining us tonight.

That's our hour. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the evening. Thanks so much for chatting with us tonight. Feel free to keep the chat going of there's anything more you want to add.

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Message contains a video

Also, if anyone is interested, this video also explains a lot about coaching:

Super star contributor
taokat

Thanks @Sophi-RO, and @Ngaio-RO I did see changes and I felt like I had a good handle on things again doing the coaching. It was very empowering when I'd been struggling to know what to do. We actually had a family meeting the night after a session and talked about and set up guidelines and conesquences around behaviour. My daughter had a say in it all, and it was really positive for her as well, and her behaviour improved. At times when things weren't so good, she was more accepting of consequences because she'd had a say in what those would be.

I really recommend the coaching to all parents!