Need help now?

My family have excluded me because of my foster kids

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Feelinglost2511

I have fostered 2 children (9 and 11) for 2 years. My family have been really helpful and there have been only a few bumps along the way. Today my siblings have basically told me I’m not welcome in their houses as my 9 yr old has disclosed her older brother who doesn’t live in with us has abused her and now they are worried about accusations towards them and what my 9 yr old might do or say. I am deeply hurt as we are a close family and I’m not sure how to deal with this. I’ve tried talking to them but they are not prepared to budge. Do I walk away from my family?
Contributor
Sophia-RO

Re: My family have excluded me because of my foster kids

Message contains a hyperlink

Hello @Feelinglost2511 , I am sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. It sounds like things are really tough for you and your foster children at the moment. It must be really hard for you to not be able to see your family as you mentioned that you are a close family. I am just wondering if you have had the chance to talk to anyone about what you and your family are going through? Getting some further support for yourself and your foster child sounds like it would be helpful. Kids Helpline is a free, confidential, counselling service that your foster children could use to talk to a professional for support. Parentline is another free, confidential counselling service that parents can use to talk to a professional for support. I also just wanted to let you know that I have sent you an email Smiley Happy