Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

Hi everyone,

We are very lucky and privledged to have one of Reach Out's Youth Ambassadors chatting with us about their personal experience with bullying on

8:30PM to 9:30PM EST - Friday 17th of February 2017 

This is how excited and grateful I am that we have a YA wanting to share her story with us...

HULU tv fox thanks thank you

If you have any questions about what it is or how it works - please post them here.

We really want to make sure she feels appreciated so it's really important we have some parents.

Please comment below to let me know if you're able to make it. Or, if you're keen to hear what's said but unable to attend at that time, please comment below. 

Robot Happy

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Hey guys, don't forget about this Friday and the young person we have coming in to talk about her experience with bullying behaviour. She's here to answer your questions about what helped her and what didn't.

It's an awesome way to get an insight into what young people need in those situations.

I would love you guys to make it

@Maggiemay  @Jacew  @seaglecc  @Mitzi  @CareBear  @AnxiousMum  @ChilliDawg  @Elena

@YellowMango  @taokat  

If you're not available on the Friday to join in the conversation, you can post your questions below and I'll make sure they get answered.

Super star contributor
taokat

It's in my diary! It will be enlightening and I'm looking forward to hearing her story.

Where do we access on the night?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

That's wonderful @taokat If you know of any other parents who might get something out of it, please let them know. I'd love the young person to have a couple more parents than just you and I to talk to. Cat Wink

Regarding where you go...it's just here.

It's run like any other thread. You just ask questions and reply to people in the comment boxes below.

Use the @ symbol and their username to show when you're speaking to someone directly and refresh the page every now and then to make sure you're reading everything that's been posted.

Does that make sense to everyone? Please feel free to ask more questions if you're unsure.

Active scribe
Dani_

Hi there, looking forward to this chat
Founding member
Murgatroyd

Keen to hear this chat
Highlighted
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi everyone, thanks so much for joining us for our first special guest chat in a while.

Tonight we're going to discuss bullying from the perspective of a young person!

We  have @rubymay here who is a volunteer youth ambassador at Reach Out.

I'm Ngaio the Community Manager and I'll be helping the process along.

- If at all you find this conversation difficult, distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to call lifeline (13 11 12) 

If you are new or need a refresher of our community guidelines, you can find them here

Don't forget to keep refreshing to get the latest posts

Ok, I'm going to start us off

@rubymay Would you like to say Hi and give a little bit of background?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hi @Dani_ and @Murgatroyd Great to have you!

Don't forget to use the @ symbol followed by the member's name to let someone know you're talking to them.

Active scribe
Dani_

Hi @rubymay, thanks for sharing your experiences!

Hello @Murgatroyd and @Ngaio-RO
Special Guest
rubymay

Hi everyone, 

My name is Carissa and I'm 20years old and I'm currently a university student. I experienced bullying right through primary school and a little bit in high school. I was mostly targeted by women and was bullied in a range of different ways, such as verbally, physically and emotionally. 

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.