Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Active scribe
Greencheckers

Re: Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Hey guys I'm new. I'll wait and ask a question in a bit
Founding member
Murgatroyd

@Ngaio-RO thanks for the reminder about @mention. @rubymay thank you, looking forward to hearing your experiences
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hi @Greencheckers thanks for joining us. Please ask if there's anything you're unsure about.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

@rubymay Can I start?

Can I ask how long it went for? I'm wondering if looking back you see a long lead in or does it just kick off one day, without a reason?

Active scribe
Dani_

hi @rubymay.... thanks again for sharing your story... shows great strength & compassion to help others in this way, though it's awful you experienced this!

My question is, did you find it hard to talk to people that could help you? How did you have/start those conversations?
Active scribe
Dani_

Founding member
Murgatroyd

@rubymay when you were in primary school was it other girls who bullied you? And did you have any idea why they bullied you?
Active scribe
Greencheckers

Hi Dani
Special Guest
rubymay

Most of the bullying I experienced went for quiet a long time. I felt like i was targeted right from reception to year 7. I felt like a lot of it started as soon as I started school and it gradually esculated from there as many people began to join in. 

I found it very difficult to talk to people about my experiences. My parents were preoccupied a lot so i felt like i couldn't open up to them. Often conversations about my experiences arose from incidents that resulted in teacher- parents communication

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hey guys, great questions. @Dani_ and @Murgatroyd

There may be a pause while people are typing. But we'll get there. Robot Very Happy