Need help now?

Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

That's awesome to hear @rubymay Can I ask how you found them?

Do you think most young people are ok with parents suggesting those types of sites?

Super frequent scribe
Maggiemay

Reading your replies @@rubymay I feel like you are telling my daughters story.  So many similarities from the types of bullying to the responses that were given by her teachers.  My daughter left her high school this year (end of year 10) and enrolled in TAFE.  The positive changes we are seeing in her is truly amazing in just a few short weeks of her moving from a toxic environment and relationships.  She has a new found love for learning and I can see her confidence growing.  Thank you for sharing your story.  

Special Guest
rubymay

I love what this campaign has tried to get across @Murgatroyd . One of the biggest things that helped when i was being bullied was making a friend and being able to talk to them and hang out with them during breaks. 

Active scribe
Dani_

@rubymay - that makes sense about the school counselors were hit and miss... When you are looking for a counsellor out in the world it can take trying a few different people before you find one that you connect with and works in the way that suits you (kind of even like finding a hairdresser etc) - so it's hard that for school counselors you are stuck with who the school has hired....
Active scribe
Dani_

@Maggiemay wrote:

@Reading your replies @@rubymay I feel like you are telling my daughters story.  So many similarities from the types of bullying to the responses that were given by her teachers.  My daughter left her high school this year (end of year 10) and enrolled in TAFE.  The positive changes we are seeing in her is truly amazing in just a few short weeks of her moving from a toxic environment and relationships.  She has a new found love for learning and I can see her confidence growing.  Thank you for sharing your story.  

Wow that's a great outcome... thanks so much for sharing your experience... What were the main things that helped your daughter on top of moving out of the school?

Highlighted
Special Guest
rubymay

@Ngaio-RO

I think that the sites are perfect suggestion for parents- particuarly with teenagers whom are being bullied. 

Whilst your teenager may blow you off in the initial conversation about the website, it's probably something they will turn to when it gets tough. 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

@Maggiemay that's amazing news. So great to hear it's better for your daughter now and everyone is seeing the positives of the move. Well done!

Special Guest
rubymay

@Maggiemay

I'm so pleased to hear your daughter is doing well. Often these events through life will help shape you into a much stronger, resiliant and kinder person. I hope that she experiences this. 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

We're down to the last 5 mins so any last questions should come now. Robot Very Happy

Super frequent scribe
Maggiemay

@Dani_ I think the main thing was knowing that she had the support of her family.  She knew that we would listen to her and believe her as well as believe in her as the wonderful, smart, caring person that she is.