Need help now?

Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: Chat with a Young Person about their bullying experience

Actually @rubymay that's one of my last questions for you, is how you feel this has helped you grow.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

That's wonderful to hear @Maggiemay have you taken a moment to do what you need to do to rejuvenate yourself or recharge your batteries?

Founding member
Murgatroyd

@Maggiemay thanks for sharing your daughter's experience. Moving schools is such a big step and the benefits sound like they've been amazing.
Special Guest
rubymay

Not everything in life is a happy event. Often it's those difficult moments that help moments that help mould you into who you will become. 

If I had gone without bullying, I'm sure that I wouldn't be as strong, as compassionate or as caring as I am now. Being bullied has taught me so many things about myself and others. Hurt people hurt people. Being kind to others goes so far, and that's what I've strived to do ever since I dug myself out of that mess.  

Super frequent scribe
Maggiemay

@Ngaio-RO Yes I have taken time for me.  

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Great to hear!
Founding member
Murgatroyd

@Ngaio-RO no way we've been chatting for an hour 😉 @rubymay A huge thank you for sharing your story.
Special Guest
rubymay

It's my absolute pleasure 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Ok @rubymay I have one final question before we wrap and I summarise the chat.

I'd like to know if you think there's anything that can be done to help young people before it occurs. As in, is there skills you wish you had had back then or things you wished you knew?

Active scribe
Dani_

@rubymay wrote:

Not everything in life is a happy event. Often it's those difficult moments that help moments that help mould you into who you will become. 

If I had gone without bullying, I'm sure that I wouldn't be as strong, as compassionate or as caring as I am now. Being bullied has taught me so many things about myself and others. Hurt people hurt people. Being kind to others goes so far, and that's what I've strived to do ever since I dug myself out of that mess.  

Wow, what an amazing reflection on a diffcult time...