Need help now?

Welcome Parents from the batyr forum!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Welcome Parents from the batyr forum!

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Welcome Parents from the batyr forum!

It was an awesome chat @Ngaio-RO! Thank your the links too. 

Now go home to your family! x

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @taziness, I've provided a link here with some info on asmr including their favoured videos. My daughter starts by lightly stroking her inner forearm while listening, and she said it gets her to sleep quite quickly usually.

Super frequent scribe
Big_Crab

I, unfortunately, missed last night's discussion due to a medical emergency with my daughter. From looking through the posts, it looks like it was a great and informative discussion. Hopefully, I will be there for the next one.

Super star contributor
taokat

I hope your daughter is okay @Big_Crab. Thinking of you both.

Super frequent scribe
Big_Crab

Hi @taokat thanks for your concern.

It looks like there is just another aspect of her illness coming out that we weren't aware of. More blood tests and ultrasounds in her future. But she is looking forward to starting Uni, on 29 May so that is keeping her positive. 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

I'm so sorry to hear that @Big_Crab  What a blow.

Super star contributor
taokat

I'm really sorry to hear that @Big_Crab. Thank goodness she has Uni to look forward to. How are you coping with all this? 

Active scribe
Bree-RO

Hi @Big_Crab, thinking of you tonight. How are you feeling now?

Super frequent scribe
Big_Crab

Hi @Bree-RO and @taokat

It was a bit of a blow at first finding out there was just something else to deal with. Nobody likes it when their child is suffering - any suffering, physical, emotional, mental. Smiley Sad

We are taking each day as it comes, and she is still excited about starting Uni , so that is keeping her focused.

@Ngaio-RO, I tried to jump on to the chat last night, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me add comments. Maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll try again next week anyway.

Thank you all for your support. I know I am lucky. Reading through what some of you are going through with your teens makes my issues look small, but knowing everybody is here to support regardless of what is going on is great.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Oh that sucks  @Big_Crab But I'm glad the issue is sorted now. Please let me know if it happens again so we can work out where the glitch is.