Need help now?

13 year old boy behaviour

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: 13 year old boy behaviour

Hey @lizard0812, it sounds like things have been tough the last few days with the return of school. It is great to hear that you have been finding the parent coaching helpful and it is allowing you to feel heard. So you are thinking that if you change schools, your son will be more settled and less likely to be expelled again? It all sounds like a lot to deal with but you have mentioned a network of friends and a psychologist which is really helpful Heart
Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Taylor-RO thankyou. I have a handful of friends that listen but nobody that is going through it so I feel very alone. I’m hoping the change of schools will help and we are trying to get him the help he needs he just needs to take it. It’s so hard as a parent to watch that’s for sure
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

That must feel isolating @lizard0812. Often people can still support you without having the same experience but they can be unsure of what exactly to say to help. I can only imagine how difficult and frustrating it must be to try everything you can to support your son Smiley Sad It sounds like you are really doing all you can and that is important to remember

Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

Hi @lizard0813
I'm sorry this is such a frustrating time. I remember feeling so alone and on auto violet with my daughter and similar stuff last year. A family support group made me feel not so alone. It was a difficult process that just took time. Good one day and bad the next. Therapy for myself was also a life saver.
Hugs I know how tough things are right now. Hang on, it gets better. Eventually.
Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Just thought I should finally update. We have been to hell and are still there. Things are not good at all. I can’t help my son he doesn’t want help from anybody. He is in a dangerous situation and will not even open up to the police. He is a very scared little boy. Scared of his supposed new friends r than
Us and the police. I’m so frightened for him. FACS are now involved not because we are bad parents but because he is in danger and we and school and youth workers fear for his safety. Hoping FACS don’t let us down and hang in there cause we have nothing else at this time. I hear so much bad about FACS I just hope they can help
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hi @lizard0812, thanks for updating us and taking the time to write that. It sounds like you are in a really difficult and scary place to be. It must have been a challenging and heart-breaking decision to get FACS involved but as you said, it is to protect the safety of your son. These decisions are never easy and it demonstrates your strength and the love you have for your son. How are you managing through this situation given it must be so stressful?
Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

Hi @lizard0812 

I am sorry to hear things are in such a difficult spot.  I am not sure what FACS is?  I am in the states but I can imagine its similar to CPS here.  It was scary when they got involved- but I was open and honest and they helped me find any extra resource available.  Stuff I had not thought about.  I know its hard and not what we imagined and all we want to do is keep our babies safe.  You are doing great!  Keep doing what you have to do.  Your family will pull through this.  I just wish I had a magic ball to tell you when that would be.  hugs