Need help now?

13 year old daughter lies/online persona

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Makijrim
Solved!

Recently found a lot of disturbing things on daughters Phone. Very age inappropriate chats, pictures, blatant lies about myself, partner and family, total disrespect towards myself, videos she had taken of myself that she uploaded and then mocked with her friends, screenshots of intimidating spam messages I had received that actually came from her group of friends. I am totally heart broken, I lost it with her and asked her father to take her earlier than our orders stated. She now refuses to come home and blames me for everything. Ex is backing her 100%. I just don’t know how to fix this as I’m still so hurt by her Initial actions online.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super frequent scribe
Dem--RO
Solution

Re: 13 year old daughter lies/online persona

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Makijrim, and welcome to the Parents Forum. We hope that by connecting with other parents in the community that you are able to find the support and resources that you need.

We are so sorry to hear about this incredibly difficult situation that you are in with your daughter, and we'd like to ensure that you are feeling supported given what has happened.

We wanted to check if you currently have any close friends that you trust enough to be able to open-up to about what you have been going through?

If you would like to speak with a counsellor, Parentline are a very good resource that provide support over the phone. More information about their service, can be found here

We have also sent you an email, so please keep an eye out for that. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Super frequent scribe
Dem--RO
Solution

Re: 13 year old daughter lies/online persona

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Makijrim, and welcome to the Parents Forum. We hope that by connecting with other parents in the community that you are able to find the support and resources that you need.

We are so sorry to hear about this incredibly difficult situation that you are in with your daughter, and we'd like to ensure that you are feeling supported given what has happened.

We wanted to check if you currently have any close friends that you trust enough to be able to open-up to about what you have been going through?

If you would like to speak with a counsellor, Parentline are a very good resource that provide support over the phone. More information about their service, can be found here

We have also sent you an email, so please keep an eye out for that.