Need help now?

14 year old athlete, no friends at all

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Highlighted
Scribe
lisaf90

Hello, I’m hoping I can get some help here. My 14-year-old son, The quarterback for his high school football team, does not have one single friend and cannot seem to make any. To me he is the sweetest and most loyal person, but he is immature and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t stop talking about football so I can see how that can be exhausting. I need some help. I feel like it’s my fault because maybe I wasn’t Has involved with other moms while he was growing up, or I didn’t sign him up for the right sports teams etc. Now it’s not like I can plan any play dates because he is too old for that. He acts like it doesn’t bother him, but I know that he is very lonely. He does not fit the typical believe kid, although he has been bullied severely in middle school and it has really left a scar on him socially. I’m not sure if he has social anxiety now, but I don’t know how to help and make friends. I’m heartbroken over this. Are there any groups for boys that like sports that may have social anxiety that he can join?