15 year old son is continually making bad choices

Active scribe
Jaype

Re: 15 year old son is continually making bad choices

Thanks you. I will call them tonight 😊
Active scribe
Jaype

So things have escalated again and I can’t quite believe they have got to this point. After being home for 3 days during which he got banned from a local shopping centre and also stole from me, things came to a head. He mentioned he wanted to go for a surf in the morning and I replied that his board wasn’t at the house at the moment. He completely lost his temper and started smashing things very deliberately to frighten me and his sister. Ended up having to call the police and there is an AVO in place and he has been charged with assault and malicious damage. I’m heartbroken as I don’t know what else to do. He’s refusing to get any help and I can tell he is lost, hurting and angry and I don’t know how to help him
Prolific scribe
Andrea-RO

@Jaype,

I'm so sorry to hear that things are bad for your family at the moment. I can't imagine how scary and stressful that entire situation must have been for you, and how difficult it would have been to contact the police. I really want to strongly reassure you that you did the right thing. You deserve to feel safe in your own home, and no one has the right to make you feel unsafe - ever.

I mentioned this last time, but I wanted to check in and see what sort of supports you have for yourself at the moment. These forts of situations can be incredibly stressful and so it's important that you have someone to lean on in this period of time. It might also be a good idea to call some professional supports - a hotline like 1800 Respect can help give you specific support and guidance on what to do when someone you love is being abusive r violent. 

Let us know how it goes HeartHeart

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @Jaype just wanted to check in and see how you are going?

We are thinking of you!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted
Active scribe
Jaype

Thank you so much. I’m doing ok. AVO is in place and he is living at his dads