Need help now?

Funeral today 15yo suicide.

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Re: Funeral today 15yo suicide.

I just wanted to pop in to post a quick message because you have all been so supportive to me and I won't be on our planned chats etc.

After a regular psychiatrist apt last week my daughter is being put back in to hospital.

I'm at a loss for words and am having issues with stress myself right now (nausea when I try to eat, nightmares etc). Speechless & feeling so helpless Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Active scribe
Bree-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @LovingThruBlue, sorry to hear about the recent stress with your daughter back in Hospital.  This must be an incredibly draining time, well done on sharing this journey with RO Parents we're all feeling for you at present.

There's an organisation called ParentLine [click here] I wonder if you have heard of... Both Parentline and Parenting and Relationship Line are run by the same service. ParentLine is the name for NSW and Parenting and Relationship Line is name for other states. The telephone service is for parents and carers of children 0-18. Parent Line can help parents and carers to understand their children's needs, improve communication, manage children's behaviour, support children's development and strengthen family relationships.

I believe there's a counsellor available free until 9pm tonight, would you consider giving a service like this a go?

Super star contributor
taokat

Oh @LovingThruBlue my heart goes out to you. Sounds like you need a big cry and a big hug. I'm so sorry it's taken this direction for you both. You must be so worried and no doubt that's the cause of your nausea and nightmares. My appetite goes and I feel the same under stress. 

With all compassion and support I offer my thoughts. Having your daughter not well and needing hospitalisation isn't how you want to see her, and that's really hard seeing your child suffer. Although hospital could be a good place for her now? She is safe, she'll get help while there. Maybe that's a less stressful way to look at it? I realise that's easier said than done.

Meditation before sleep may help reduce your nightmares. I have two apps on my phone which are great - Mindfulness app and Calm app. Both great for guided meditations.

Keep us updated on how you both are.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hey @LovingThruBlue I'm so so sorry to hear your daughter is in hospital. I'm sure it's horrible for you both to go through this.
Is there any upside? As in, at least she's safe? Or is it just awful from beginning to end (and please don't feel like you need to be positive, if it just sucks feel free to say so)
I second Taokat's suggestion of the meditation apps. I'm sure there's little relief for you in thinking about the past or the future. So pulling your worry mind back into the present might help with the nausea.
Got anyone around supporting you?
Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Update in a new topic. I'm so thankful for the support here 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

@LovingThruBlue 's new thread is here. Definitely worth reading!!

Super star contributor
taokat

Thank you providing the link @Ngaio-RO. I can't message the chat night but  I AM SO SORRY I missed tonight's chat night!! I can't believe it. I loved all your gifs - and I could feel you sitting there trying to pass the time. I feel terrible, and can't even say I have an excuse - just a crappy memory...