Need help now?

I need Help!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Highlighted
Contributor
motherbear

Re: I need Help!

Hi @Sophi-RO , @TOM-RO knows the name of this person and I do too ( they wrote it on the page initially ) if we can track them down ? I really would like to know if he is ok ? I am concerned that as a forum when this kind of post  occurs we leave it up to the distressed person to contact an  appropriate emergency line , he may at that stage have been unable to do this ?  Perhaps  there is some way our moderators can alert the crisis service if this happens in the future ?  thanks 🙏 

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Hey @motherbear - we have intervention procedures that we follow when it's needed and are also following up with this one with what is appropriate and within our means. Cheers
Contributor
motherbear

@Sophi-RO Thanks so much  I am so relieved to hear that !  I have been worried about it all day . Wonderful . X 

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Totally understand that @motherbear! We love how much you care about everyone here.

It's probably the first time this has happened here in the Parents forum - but we deal with suicidal thoughts much more regularly in the youth forums and have established best practice processes etc. It's a good reminder for us to make sure we update you all that we're onto it when we take something to email.

Thanks again @motherbear!