Need help now?

I need advice on how to handle a situation. I recently found out my daughter isn't a virgin . She is

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

I need advice on how to handle a situation. I recently found out my daughter isn't a virgin . She is

Casual scribe
Momofallgirls

Hello all I am new here and I need help on how to handle the situation. I recently found out that my sixteen-year-old is not a virgin. Her boyfriend is really close to the family and I see the mom often. I recently found out that they had had sex at my mother's house and the mother bought Plan B for my daughter. The mother has never talked to me about the situation my boyfriend does not know I know. I am so upset right now I don't even know how to handle this. I'm more upset at the fact that the mother bought Plan B gave it to my daughter and never once discussed it with me but has still come in my house and has seen me and acted normal.
Casual scribe
Momofallgirls

Re: I need advice on how to handle a situation. I recently found out my daughter isn't a virgin

Edit to add my daughter was 15 at the time and is now 16 when I found out.
Contributor
Hannah-RO

Re: I need advice on how to handle a situation. I recently found out my daughter isn't a virgin . Sh

Hi @Momofallgirls 

Welcome to the forum, I hope you feel really supported and welcomed here Heart

It sounds like this has all come as quite a shock to you and it is understandable why you would be feeling upset. 

Have you been thinking about bringing this up with your daughters, boyfriends mother? I understand this would be really difficult to do, is it a conversation you've been thinking of having? It sounds like you two have had quite a nice relationship and its been quite a surprise that she has decided to keep this from you. It could be an idea to chat to her so you can both be on the same page and you can share how you are feeling.

I am wondering as well about how things are going now between you and your daughter? Have you two been able to have a conversation about everything that has been happening?

This would be a lot to be managing and I hope you're doing alright Heart