3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Let's support each other!
It’s been a big start to the year with lots of world news causing distress across the globe. It’s no surprise that seeing updates about the Coronavirus has been stressful for families, and leaving many wondering what they can do to support their communities to stay physically and mentally healthy.
If you are feeling anxious about this virus, we want you to know that you don’t have to struggle in silence. Feel free to have a chat about it here with us and share how your family is coping. As always, we are here to listen and support you through tough times.
Has Coronavirus been a topic of conversation in your household?
How have you had conversations about your virus with your children?
What are you doing as a family to look after your physical and emotional health during this time?
Do you have any tips for other parents who are worried about Coronavirus?
We will be updating this thread with more top tips, facts and resources you can access for the latest health information.
Where to find the facts and up to date health information?
We really encourage everyone to have a read through the facts from their national health and government departments. For Australian Parents, here's where you can find the latest health updates and facts:
- Get all the information you need on the NSW Health site here. If you are from a state outside of NSW, refer to your state health department for updates and advice.
- If you’re feeling unwell and would like to check your symptoms you can do so here
- Coronavirus health information line, call 1800 020 080 for people with questions regarding prevention and the spread of the coronavirus
- Healthdirect helpline, call 1800 022 222 to speak to a registered nurse who can provide advice when you're not sure what to do — whether you should see a local GP, manage the condition at home, or go to an emergency department, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- This is a great info-graphic from the World Health Organisation on coping with the stress of a viral outbreak here (also seen below!)
2 weeks ago
I noticed you mentioned some concerns about kids and self isolation. I thought you might also be interested in this thread too.
Have you had many conversations with your kids about what the virus is and what it means for your family?
09:00AM to 11:00PM
We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk nowClick here for help
The current time is Mon, 11:57 PM
(Australian Eastern time)