Need help now?

Maintaining patience...how do you do it??

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Maintaining patience...how do you do it??

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Re: Maintaining patience...how do you do it??

Oh my goodness @Stephs_Mum, you absolutely do not sound awful, in fact you came across as extremely caring, so much so that you'd worn yourself out.

We're so pleased to hear that you've made an appointment for the GP, do let us know how you get on... By the way, thakns @readthemanual for your insight with supporting your daughter through an eating disorder, it's great you were able to be so open

And thanks to @Kristen for the suggestion too - is that something you have ruled out/mentioned to your daughter's GP? Kristen - is GF something you have experience with?

Active scribe
Stephs_Mum

Hi @Kristen, we had a whole bunch of blood tests done a while back and all ok but I'll definitely keep it in mind if things keep cropping up.
Active scribe
Stephs_Mum

And thanks @readthemanual - another good idea. We have been pretty open with her generally, and I'm sure I could explain to her my feelings (when she is having a good day) - I hadn't considered it 😕 Simple but makes sense. We are so far having a good week, 3 days in a row at school so far yehh - so the opportunity could be ripe 😊

So I'm now booked in for a psychologist appt in a couple of weeks and trying to take things back to basics and not do too much, keeping it simple and mindful as much as possible.

I so appreciate the concern and the personal and professional insights you have all offered and the time you have taken to listen. It really helps to know that we're not alone!
Contributor
Sophie-RO

That's great feedback - that's @Stephs_Mum....
Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Luula

Hey @Stephs_Mum, just checking in to see how things have been going?