Need help now?

Making sure your teen isn’t in an unsafe location

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Hummbird

My son is 17 and driving. I am afraid he might be going places he’s not supposed to be or God forbid he may be laying in a ditch somewhere. Both of the phones are in my name so a friend showed me how to use the timeline on Google maps but it isn’t accurate. I prefer not to have him know i have installed something on his phone. Kids are so tech savvy he probably knows how to get around that anyway. Any suggestions.

Frequent scribe
AmberP

Re: Making sure your teen isn’t in an unsafe location

If your son has an iPhone, you can turn on the same function. But isn't it better to talk to him, explain that you are worried about him. We all know it's a hard time now. Or maybe you need to trust him more. 

Anyway, there is a program on Android for GPS and you can disguise it as another. 

Prolific scribe
Andrea-RO

Re: Making sure your teen isn’t in an unsafe location

Hello @Hummbird, sorry to hear that you have been having these concerns lately. I can understand that you have been feeling concerned about your son and his wellbeing. I am wondering if you have had a chance to have a discussion with your son about your worries regarding him being able to drive alone? You might find opening up a conversation with him to be useful as you can let him know of your concerns and hear anything that he might have to say about them. Smiley Happy