Need help now?

My 12 year old has been apparently been offering to sell bags of drugs on her social media account..

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

My 12 year old has been apparently been offering to sell bags of drugs on her social media account..

Casual scribe
Jackster75

How do I deal with finding out my 12 year old apparently selling drugs on social media?
Prolific scribe
Courtney-RO

Re: My 12 year old has been apparently been offering to sell bags of drugs on her social media accou

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Jackster75 and welcome to our online community!

I'm sorry to hear that your 12-year-old has been offering to sell drugs on social media. I can only imagine how shocking and overwhelming this must be for you. I am just wondering if you have had a chance to talk with them about this and how it has made you feel?

If you have some time, The Raising Childrens Network is a great resource with lots of helpful information, or if you would prefer to speak to someone about this, Parentline is another great resource that may be worth looking in to. I am also wondering what you do for yourself when things get really hard?

We would love for you to keep us updated with how things are going for you.

Contributor
Bre-RO

Re: My 12 year old has been apparently been offering to sell bags of drugs on her social media accou

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi there @Jackster75 

I hope it's okay that I chime in on your thread too. I'm so sorry to hear that you and your family are going through what I can imagine is a very stressful time. 

We've shared some resources already, but I am wondering if you would benefit from us sharing some youth and family support services? 

Drug and Alcohol Counselling Online might be a good organisation to contact for support. 

Community Legal Centre (SA) could also provide helpful information for your situation. 

Family Services Australia can link you and your family with support during this difficult time. 

I hope those services can rally around your family and help you manage this situation going forward. I have just sent you an email to see how we can support you as well, so when you get the chance, it would be great to hear from you. 

Casual scribe
Jackster75

Thanks everyone.....she has strongly denied that she was selling but unfortunately at this point I don't believe much of what she says....I will look at the resources you sent.... thanks