Need help now?

My daughters Borderline Personality Disorder is destroying me

My daughters Borderline Personality Disorder is destroying me

Scribe
KatsSad

Re: My daughters Borderline Personality Disorder is destroying me

I am in a similar situation. My heart is so broken. My Daughter is 23 and I feel that for my physical and mental health I have to walk away.
Community Manager
Philippa-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

@KatsSad welcome to the forums - we're glad you joined.

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a heartbreaking time at the moment.

If you'd like to talk about what's happening for you, you're very welcome to create a new thread - please feel free to do that here if you think it would be helpful. 

We're here to support you. Heart

Scribe
MCMCM

Thank you so much for sharing your story. You give me hope. My daughter is in her 20s and struggling with BPD. Some times it seems anything I do makes things worse + I don't know how to help. She's in so much pain and so angry at me most of the time.

I have Heard from several doctors that hospitalization or breaking down someone with BPD only makes it worse. And it can be cruel.

Thanks everyone.
Community Manager
Bre-RO

Hi @MCMCM I'm so glad to hear that reading this thread gave you hope. Hope is an important thing to have when you're witnessing your daughter in so much pain. I can imagine how heart-breaking that is for you to see.

It sounds like you've connected with support services for your daughter which is great to hear. I'm wondering if you speak with a counsellor or friend about this? I hope you have a support network to carry you through this difficult time. 

We'll keep an eye out for your response, we are here for you!

Scribe
Crystals_Mother

I am in the same position.   Yesterday I cut her out of my life.  Good Luck.

Community Manager
Philippa-RO

Welcome to the ReachOut forums @Crystals_Mother  - we're really sorry to hear you've had to cut your daughter out of your life, that must have been so hard. Heart
Just letting you know we're going to email you today, so please look out for that.