Need help now?

Naughty 13 year old girl

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Evelyn

Naughty 13 year old girl

I’ve been battling dealing with my 13 year old out of control daughter for almost 12 months. We live in a small country town, so waited quite some time to get professional help. At the moment, I’m struggling to get to to go to school. She says she hates school & has no friends. I’ve offered her to change schools, but she doesn’t want to. I’m at the point where I’m sick of going up to the school for meetings & them ringing/txting me, because she just doesn’t want to be there. I’m a single mum with a 6 year old also. I do shift work & on the days I’m home, I could spend till lunch time, trying to get her to go to school. She just wants to stay home & do nothing. She is on medication for anxiety & depression.
Star contributor
TOM-RO

Re: Naughty 13 year old girl

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Evelyn ,

That sounds like it's a really mentally exhausting, and time-intensive for you to navigate, especially as a single-parent. I can recognise it's really difficult to constantly be on the beck-and-call of what's going on with your daughter. Do you have any support from family or friends to help you manage? I can't imagine that it's an easy task for you, especially with having a 6-year-old as well. It can be hard to find strategies on convincing your daughter to go to school; I can imagine you've tried all the ways you can think of. One resource I can suggest is getting in touch with Parentline if you're after professional counselling in the meantime. I know I haven't been of much help, but I just wanted to pop in and validate how difficult it sounds like it is. I assume that if they're being medicated, that they themselves are linked in with at least a GP or psychiatrist?

Hope you're managing.