Need help now?

Peer group issues

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Frequent scribe
Moggy3kids

Re: Peer group issues

This sounds like the perfect person for helping move forward. Snaps for persevering and finding them ! It is good that you realized too that you had to take some time out from work etc. I had to do this also this year as we went through the process of accessing a mental health diagnosis for my son. It was the best thing I could do for both of us . Keep updating or just chat about other life things with us . You have got this !
Frequent scribe
Moggy3kids

This sounds like the perfect person for helping move forward. Snaps for persevering and finding them ! It is good that you realized too that you had to take some time out from work etc. I had to do this also this year as we went through the process of accessing a mental health diagnosis for my son. It was the best thing I could do for both of us . Keep updating or just chat about other life things with us . You have got this !
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

I finally was able to get my daughter to school meeting on Friday which was a feat in itself. However, I was a little dissapointed that the start of the meeting was discussing an inappropriate pic that my daughter posted on Instagram. I must add that I was aware of this pic and had already had a discussion with her about this matter. Considering the meeting was meant to be about getting my daughter to return to school I was both confused and dissapointed as this has made my daughter feel more determined to not want to return. It was very upsetting for her trying to get her point across about the reasons why she wants to change schools to get a fresh start and she was basically told that if she doesnt then your parents could have to go to court for neglect and be fined up to $14,000. I am a loving parent maybe not perfect but who is and I definately felt offended. They want my daughter to attend 2 periods for Monday and Tuesday to ease her back in which I have told her she should just to see how it goes but she was so angry when we left the meeting I honestly have no seen her like that before. I am certainly conflicted what I thought was going to be a productive meeting didnt go quite as well as I hoped.
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @Help_needed

I'm so sorry to hear the meeting with the school was so counterproductive- it is understandable you are feeling upset and offended by this experience. How is your daughter managing today after the meeting Friday? 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

She is angry and sad. I spoke to her year advisor this morning and I said how far do I push this as I am concerned how angry she is with the DP and the Learning and Wellbeing officer from DOE. They think that she is calling the shots maybe she is I don't know anymore I am so confused, all I know is I see her anger and sadness and her deep reluctance to return to this school - she wants to go to school just not there. I feel the relationship between her and the school was already rocky enough. I feel the only way forward for everyone involved is to push for enrolment at another school.