Need help now?

Put son into care because of his behaviour but enjoying it with out him

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Put son into care because of his behaviour but enjoying it with out him

Super frequent scribe
Nikkita

Re: Put son into care because of his behaviour but enjoying it with out him

I too understand toxic family. I can't turn to my mum for support. Yes you have to remove yourself from those toxic people especially now when you are going through such an emotional time.
Yes your me time is so important, you do need it, it is healing & I can understand why you are scared to lose it.
Super frequent scribe
Nikkita

Sounds like you are completely wiped out from dealing with everything & your mind & body are appreciating the quiet & stress free time. You need time to heal & recover.
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @William10,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are going? How did you go with social services?

I can imagine this week would have been really challenging and we have been thinking of you. Hope you have had a chance to read these really lovely and understanding posts from @Nikkita, you are certainly not alone and we are here to chat if and when you need an outlet Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted
Scribe
Stuartleeson74

Hi

I am struggling with my almost 13 year old and life for myself as a single mum and two other children is unbearable. How do i go about putting him into care for a while?

kind regards

Samantha

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Stuartleeson74

Thanks for sharing. We are so sorry to hear that things are really difficult at the moment. Being a single parent is tough and can quite easily become exhausting and overwhelming. Do you have anyone who is supporting you at the moment? Whether that is family, friends or services? Do you want to share more about why you feel that you need to place your son into care? 

We are an Australian service and have noticed that you are living in the UK, so unfortunately we don't have specific information about your area. Generally speaking, child protection agencies have a role in supporting parents and may be able to offer you assistance. I have found a website that might be relevant to you here. Sometimes there are also 'respite' programs that host activities for kids but you would have to see if these exist in your area. Otherwise, your local doctor would be able to answer your question and have further information including any support services that may be able to help take some pressure off you. Best of luck and please feel welcome to keep us updated Heart