Need help now?

Re: Teenage depression and suicidal thoughts

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
nala20
Solution

Am sure there are loads of parents out there expieresing the same thing with there sons or daughters is there any advice you could give me please
Active scribe
KariBJ

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hi there I feel your pain - my daughter is 18 and moved out two years ago. It was so hard to accept, I personally felt so rejected as a mum. I now help Mums work through their grief and conflict through my own experience, as I know how lonely, confusing and isolating everything can be. My situation affected my health, my career, my personal relationships. Just by helping 1 Mum has made my journey worth it. My heart goes out to you 💖
Highlighted
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hi @KariBJ

Thank you so much for sharing your experience to help others. It can be difficult for your child to move at any age but especially at a young age. As you mentioned, it can lead you to feel as though you have done something wrong. It was so special to read the kind words you have written about supporting other Mums Heart What do you think helped you the most?
Active scribe
KariBJ

Hi great question - to be honest I think seeing life from their perspective, stepping into their shoes and self reflection too I would say are the 2 biggest key things. Hope this is helpful. I have developed a program that I put together and developed a free nourish pack to help Muma bears feel stronger within themselves, especially good for those experiencing estrangement, parental alienation or conflict in general.
Active scribe
KariBJ

Hi sorry I’m a bit slack with catching up on my emails!
Great question @Taylor-RO, I think what helped me the most and enables me to help other Mums is that inner work we do on ourselves, it truly changes things, it changes the way we think, the way we behave, it helps us to grow and learn and be accountable and most importantly be vulnerable.