Need help now?

S.O.S who is this 14 yr old girl that is my daughter?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
Blindsighted_14

HELP! My pure, innocent, loving , sporty, successful daughter is not who I thought she was 😢 what has been uncovered for our family just within two weeks about our daughter has us in shock and not knowing where to go or what to do.

Sex (M&F), manipulation, deceit, lies, calculating planning, vicious outbursts and defiance to say the tamest of the issues we have uncovered.
We have taken her out of school and plan to enrol into private schooling. Our family is in turmoil. She becomes nasty and threatening when we don’t allow her on her devices but then find she has another snuck somewhere in the house. Last night she threatened to leave and ‘move out’ because she ‘googled’ that she ‘legally’ can 😭 I don’t know what to do or who to turn to for help. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated #iwantmybabygirlback
Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Erin-RO

Re: S.O.S who is this 14 yr old girl that is my daughter?

I'm so sorry to read this @Blindsighted_14 but I am glad that you've reached out to our community.  This is such a tricky situation to navigate and as you say it's information about your child that has come with quite a shock to the system, which can make you feel (understandably) a bit rattled, panicky or overwhelmed?

Have you thought at all about getting some extra support for your daughter and your family via individual counselling or even family therapy? It just sounds like this behaviour is quite unlike your daughter, and perhaps to help understand the behaviour and communicate with each other, a therapist or mediator might be helpful?

Casual scribe
Blindsighted_14

Hi - thank you for your reply 😊 I have taken her to our GP and she has been given a mental health plan referral. This last week has been chaotic to say the least. I have found out that her best friend and her mother have been somewhat grooming her. They are coercing her to move over there. I feel like I need to take legal action. But I’m scared this will push her away. I find it incredibly difficult to get any help I even tried to call the police for advice. I feel like I need to have her protected and our family protected from these people. I don’t know what to do 😢😔
Prolific scribe
lizard0812

this could be me with my 13 year old son. I had the most caring beautiful boy that has also turned into a person I don’t know. I have tried to blame everything on his behavior including bad friend groups and seperated parents and although all of these things play a big part they are their own people that keep making these bad choices. Our life is in absolute turmoil and I feel so desperate but unfortunately we only have each other I have discovered that. We have tried mental health, police liaison officers everybody but nothing works or is even available. The entire system is very unhelpful and scary cause we have kids and parents screaming out for help and nothing