Solved!

Stressed with my teen who has recently been diagnosed with ADHD

Message contains no text

Accepted Solutions
Active scribe
Stressed_mom
Solution

Re: Stressed with my teen who has recently been diagnosed with ADHD

I did, thank you, he said he forgot to come home! He is extremely forgetful but really!! I don't know, I honestly don't know what to think and do about all of this! ☹

View solution in original post

All Replies
Active scribe
Stressed_mom

I have just realised this is Australian, I'm from the UK! That's how stressed and desperate I feel right now! So the time in UK is 9.45am and still no child 😭😭
Contributor
Bre-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Oh @Stressed_mom you must be feeling so completely out of sorts right now. Don't worry in the slightest that this is an Australian site, you are welcome here and we are happy you've come here to tell us what is going on for you. 

The situation with your son sounds super stressful. I can sense from your words just how much you've done to ensure your son is looked after. We've had other parents here chat about similar circumstances, I hope they can jump in and share their insights with you. 

There is a bunch of content on how to deal with these kinds of situations on the Raising Children's Network site here 

We also have some content on teens and drinking that you might want to look at here

We are also here to listen to you, you are not alone in this. 

Active scribe
Stressed_mom

Thank you so much, I will have a read of those links after work. As yes, as well as this, I also hold down a full time job 🙄 I'm still stressed! He eventually came in at 10pm ladt night, I wasn't very happy as you can imagine!
Thank you for your support xx
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hi @Stressed_mom, thank you for responding. That must be so difficult to hold down your job while managing everything with your son. Do you have any support that helps get you through this? I can imagine that you must have been so worried waiting for your son to get home. Were you able to talk to him about getting home late?
Active scribe
Stressed_mom
Solution

I did, thank you, he said he forgot to come home! He is extremely forgetful but really!! I don't know, I honestly don't know what to think and do about all of this! ☹
Star contributor
Janine-RO

Hi @Stressed_mom , 

Thanks for keeping us posted on how you went with your son, it must have been so stressful not knowing where he was for so long, and I'd imagine hearing him say he forgot to come home could be pretty frustrating. 

Do you think setting some basic house rules, like contacting you by a certain time if he's not going to be home until late, would help at all? Was he able to tell you what he'd been doing for all of  that time? It sounds like you're doing a great job supporting him in a really tricky situation.