Need help now?

TW : Our 36 year old daughter, who’s had 3 close call suicide attempts is still living at home

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

TW : Our 36 year old daughter, who’s had 3 close call suicide attempts is still living at home

Scribe
tchar

My husband just picked our 36 year old daughter from a short term acute care psychiatrist facility7 hours away against my wishes. She’s been living with us @ not working, in and out of trouble with the law. She’s had 3 , close call, suicide attempts. A neighbor got there and was able to rescue her for the most recent attempt. The police said he saved her life within seconds. My husband of 44 years refuses to let go of her. It’s now become a”her or me”. And I’m prepared to let her go on her own journey even if it means she’s so pained that she ends her life. I’m currently staying away from home, don’t want to go back there.

Prolific scribe
Iona_RO

Re: TW : Our 36 year old daughter, who’s had 3 close call suicide attempts is still living at home

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @tchar 

I'm really sorry to hear about what you and your daughter are going through at the moment, it must be extremely difficult to cope with your daughter going through such a tough time. You've mentioned she recently attended a psychiatric facility - does she have ongoing professional help now she's left?

I imagine that all of this must have been, and continues to be, really traumatic for you to go through. Do you have any supports in place for yourself right now? We're an Australian based service, however it might be helpful to reach out to 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline who can help you find local services that can support you.