Teen Runaway

Message contains no text

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Sophia-RO
Solution

Re: Teen Runaway

Message contains a hyperlink

Hello @Josh91- , I am sorry to hear about what has been going on for you and your son lately. It sounds like things have been quite difficult as you have been trying to support your son through this. You mentioned that your son has started self-harming and spoke about suicide, has your son seen any professionals for support around this? Have you been able to discuss the school work issues with any of your son's teachers or the school counsellor/psychologist? They might be able to provide some support to you and your son. I also just wanted to ask whether you have any concerns about your son's current safety?

I also just wanted to quickly let you know that I have edited some parts of your post to fit in with our community guidelines Smiley Happy.

View solution in original post

Casual scribe
Josh91-
Solution

He has stopped self harming and threats over the last few weeks and that seems to have settled so I am not concerned about his current safety, I feel the running away is his way of trying to take control, he has spoken with a counsellor and I have discussed his school work with the school He is a good kid he is just a bit lost at the moment.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor
Sophia-RO
Solution

Message contains a hyperlink

Hello @Josh91- , I am sorry to hear about what has been going on for you and your son lately. It sounds like things have been quite difficult as you have been trying to support your son through this. You mentioned that your son has started self-harming and spoke about suicide, has your son seen any professionals for support around this? Have you been able to discuss the school work issues with any of your son's teachers or the school counsellor/psychologist? They might be able to provide some support to you and your son. I also just wanted to ask whether you have any concerns about your son's current safety?

I also just wanted to quickly let you know that I have edited some parts of your post to fit in with our community guidelines Smiley Happy.

Casual scribe
Josh91-
Solution

He has stopped self harming and threats over the last few weeks and that seems to have settled so I am not concerned about his current safety, I feel the running away is his way of trying to take control, he has spoken with a counsellor and I have discussed his school work with the school He is a good kid he is just a bit lost at the moment.
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hi @Josh91-,

We are so glad to hear that you are not concerned about his current safety and that the self harm and threats have stopped. Your situation is so tough and I imagine it must be so difficult for you to navigate, especially during lockdown where everything is already stressful and overwhelming. When he is running away, where is he going (e.g. friend's or family member's house?). You also mentioned that he has talked to a counsellor and you have talked to the school. Did anything helpful come out of these conversations?

Just as a side note, I noticed that you removed your text. Did you mean to do that? If so, that is fine, I thought I would just ask in case you made a mistake Smiley Happy