Need help now?

Teenage girls fighting?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Teenage girls fighting?

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains a video

So @ziggystarmum ended her post in this thread by saying "Does anyone else have teenage girls who FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT? ours are 13 & 15 and it's dreadful at the moment, they share a room which is unavoidable but doesn't help :?"

Anyone got some insight to share about teen girls? I had a look at our content and there is this piece on how you might be able to turn conflict into something constructive, then psychologist Claire Rowe gave her thoughts on managing conflict here:

Who else has had this experience? I know @StHubbins has two daughters and @Xena__ too I think? Experienced this?

Contributor
readthemanual

Re: Teenage girls fighting?

what a coincidence! I just had a visitor with his daughter today. He had been praising my daughter all the time infront of her daughter, which I think is not appropriate. He might want my daughter to be a positive role model but could in fact achieve rivary between the two girls.

I used to fight with my younger brother when we were young and we remembered common reasons for fighting always had somthing  to do with our parents, either they compared our behavior or treated us unfairly (at least that was what one of us felt).

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Contributor
Mitzi

Don't have teenage girls but used to be one with three sisters. As the eldest I copped more discipline, perhaps was more rebellious. Lots of fights, occasional fun but nothing like the closeness we had in primary school. I left home at 15 and got a job in a pub (as you do!).

The good news is in late teens we all made up and have been close ever since.

P.S, I was only a juvenile delinquent for a year, then started nursing and became a well-respected member of society. Cat Happy

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Yes for sure @readthemanual, that sounds like it has the potential to go in the opposite direction to what he intended! No one wants to feel judged.

@Mitzi, my sister and I fought when we were tweens, but once we were teenagers we got much closer and have been ever since...

Hopefully for @ziggystarmum some of the suggestions above might help
Super frequent scribe
HalleysComet

I don't have girls myself, but would be keen to hear from others.... I remember it from my teen years though!
Casual scribe
momof2girls

Yes, I have two girls, ages 10 and 12. I'm a new member and just posted a similar question. At times they are the best of friends. But when they fight, it's not pretty and a few times had ended in scratching each other which caused scars.  I am so frustrated and don't know how to stop this. I'm open for suggestions.