Need help now?

Tricky teen

Active scribe
Dimes

Re: Tricky teen

Tbh, not really except just trying to breathe and take time to think about how to approach things. It’s hard tbh. Taking time out when stressed is tricky as my mood won’t allow me to relax. I am a huge over thinker- it’s one of my biggest flaws.
Community Manager
Philippa-RO

@Dimes I think all parents worry (or overthink) about their children when it comes to things like drugs and safety, but when you feel like it's overwhelming, is there anything you find calming?

Sometimes I find that when I'm worrying about something that's outside my control (especially about my kids), it helps to either schedule a set time when I allow myself to worry, and then put it aside after that time has finished, or I practice mindfulness exercises like imagining putting the worry onto a leaf and watching it float away down a stream.

You'll know best what works for you, but I'm wondering if there are any self-care activities like those or others that you find help to ease your worry?

I remember you said you weren't too sure about counselling, but I wondered if you've had any more thoughts on it since then? Some people find it helpful to have someone who's completely outside the situation to be able to debrief and unload with.

Active scribe
Dimes

Walking is prob the biggest thing that helps clear my mind. The last few weeks in work have been hectic as I’ve been doing overtime to cover leave. Next week I aim to walk twice. Nice long beach walks. Headphones and off to go.
Thank you for all the advice and support it has been invaluable at this time
Community Manager
Philippa-RO

@Dimes your walks sound so nice - it's great that you have something you're able to do that helps so much.