Need help now?

What topics to cover for sexual education for teenagers?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
GabeIsFabulous

Hi, I am a single dad with a teenage son who is being homeschooled and it has come to my attention recently that teenagers require some form of sexual education. I would like to know what sort of topics are necessary to cover for that education. I will not be delivering the lesson myself as my schedule is tightly packed so my assistant will fit in one in between his other lessons and photo shoots. Please let me know what things she should cover in that lesson.
Thank you.
Star contributor
TOM-RO

Re: What topics to cover for sexual education for teenagers?

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @GabeIsFabulous 

Thanks for joining ReachOut and for posting on the forums. I'm not sure if you're aware but the ReachOut Parent's Forum is a peer-support platform designed for parents to discuss any issues (usually emotional or mental health-related) they may be having with their adolescent children. Unfortunately we are unable to answer any specific questions about homeschooling. I assume that if you're home-schooling you should be following some sort of government-based curriculum? I'd like to redirect you to this website about home-schooling in Australia. It has some really good information and should hopefully help and provide you with the right contacts to answer your question. 

All the best Smiley Happy