Need help now?

siblings seeing each other naked

siblings seeing each other naked

Scribe

Re: siblings seeing each other naked

Brolloks, I hear you loud and clear.  Like you and your sister, my twin sis and I showered together almost every day until we graduated from high school and went off to college.  We both participated in high school sports, and after our daily sports practice, we would go home together and shower together.  Being very respectful of each other, we would usually wash each other backs and legs, not touching the private parts of each other.  As we were going through puberty, she sooner than me, we did have curious thoughts about each other.  She usually about my erections and foreskin, and me about her getting pubic hair, and her breast enlarging, for example.  (Regarding the pubic hair starting to come in, we did have a conversation about that one evening with our parents.  I wanted to know if I was going to grow some also, and why I didn't have any yet.  I also wanted to know if I was going to have breasts like she was getting.   We were both 13 at the time.)   Growing up like that we felt we were normal kids, and our parents supported us fully, always being available to talk about anything.  I never saw my father nude, though he was often shirtless, revealing his hairy chest, but mom was more open than dad.  Mom often went topless at home.   When we would go camping, dad would go fishing, and mom sis and I would go swimming in the lake.  After swimming, the three of us would go back to our camping tent, the three of us get naked, and dressed again.

I truly believe that our showering together and conversations with each other, and our parents, gave sis and me a closer relationship that has lasted into adult life.  Our experiences of seeing each other nude and also showering together, made us more considerate of the opposite sex as we dated other people and ultimately both married.  Both of us have very good marriages, and we each have two children, she a twin boy and girl, and my wife and I have two sons.  All four kids are in their early teens.  And yes, the kids shower together shower together, and all four of them grew up swimming nude in our family swimming pools, as do we four parents.  We adults are not nudists, but we are very respectful of others, and we have  never seen inappropriate behavior by the four kids.

Community Manager

Hi @Skip2 , 

Thanks for sharing your experiences here, what is right for each family in terms of boundaries around nudity and privacy varies widely, but it sounds like you and your sister have a very open and respectful relationship with each other and with your parents. It's good to hear that respect and appropriate behaviour remains at the centre of your relationships with your kids and each other now as adults. 

Active scribe

I don’t see any problem, nudity inside the house is fine. Great that you are so open, I’m envious as my children’s mother and I separated when they were quite young, I missed out on those teenage years. Enjoy your you family and your freedom!
Active scribe

By the way, don’t worry about the doctors!
Scribe

Nothing unusual at all IMO. I'm married to my second wife of six years. I have a 14yo daughter and she has a 13yo son, both from previous marriages. We raised them to have no body issues growing up and it has continued into their teens.

Both have no issue walking around naked, especially on hot summer days. I've even walked past my daughter's room and my step-son will be sitting on her bed talking to her as she is naked getting ready for bed.   

We also have a pool and we will all skinny dip and sunbathe. Nudity is a purely natural thing as long as nothing sexual is happening.