Need help now?

what can I do ive just found out that my hacked bank account is from my own daughter ????

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

what can I do ive just found out that my hacked bank account is from my own daughter ????

Casual scribe
softballmum

my daughter is running wild and im at my witts end 

Prolific scribe
Lan-RO

Re: what can I do ive just found out that my hacked bank account is from my own daughter ????

@softballmum welcome to ReachOut and thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like a really difficult and upsetting situation to be in and a huge breach of trust. Does your daughter know that you found out and has there been a conversation between you both about this? What has been her response? How old is your daughter? It's understandably a stressful time for you, I'm wondering how you are looking after yourself also? I'll tag some of our members for some further support and advice @sunflowermom @taokat @Sister @Caz01

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

Re: what can I do ive just found out that my hacked bank account is from my own daughter ????

Hi @softballmum, I can only imagine how upsetting this must be for you and I'm sorry you and your daughter are struggling at the moment. 

As with @Lan-RO, I'm also wondering how old your daughter is, and if you've spoken with her about it? 

We look forward to hearing back so we can offer you some support. 

Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

Hi @softballmum

I am sorry you and your daughter are struggling.  We are here for you.

Casual scribe
softballmum

thankyou for your support

my daughter is 15 and yes she knows that I know because I caught her in her lies and found all the evidence on her phone 

its been hard on her since the separation with her father but his way of life is something I do not want for my children I was hoping she would see him for the liar and cheater he is but when hes allowing her to run amok all she sees is fun

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Oh I am so sorry to hear @softballmum, that sounds like a really difficult situation that would be hard to manage. Has this influenced the relationship that you have with your daughter? It can create a bit of tension when it feels like you are the only one who does the disciplining. How do you try to connect with your daughter when you have to have challenging conversations?
Active scribe
Hannahloulou016

Hi,  I havn't had my account hacked (yet)  but I have had money taken from my wallet and I have had my son take money from my partners wallet, ashtray in both our cars and loose change around the house without asking (like a  scavenger)  It is a sick feeling that your own child has no conscience or feelings of how low this action is. I cannot give a solution but know this. You are a victim . How can they not see your heartbreak? Biggggg Strength to you.  At the end of the day its not about the money ,  its about the action . 

Parent/Carer Community Champion
sunflowermom

hi @Hannahloulou016

I have recently been there too.  money taken from my purse and off my desk.  I confronted my daughter and she totally denies it.  The action of stealing and then lying to my face is so hurtful- especially when I would gladly give her everything I have.  So now I keep my purse in my room at night with me and also carry less cash.  This behavior is crushing, like they have no conscience.