Ask the Community: My Year 7 Life

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
Nick-RO

Message contains a video
Hi all

Is anyone planning to watch 'Surviving School:  My Year 7 Life' or has anyone already seen it on iView?

I am thinking of watching it with my teen as a way of starting conversations with him as he navigates his first year of high school. 

Even as a parent of older kids do you think that watching this with your kids would be a good conversation starter about some of the more universal issues (or a solid dose of your kid reminiscing about when they went through this!)

Would love to hear your thoughts!
Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ask the Community: My Year 7 Life

This was absolutely fantastic! My daughter is Year 11 equivalent this year, and we watched it the other night on the ABC I think it was. 

I highly recommend it!! I'm so glad you've posted it @Nick-RO, and I'll be interested to hear other parents thoughts as well.  

These are real families sharing their very real experiences starting high school and being in Year 7, so it's very easy to relate to.

There was one boy and his mum that I really liked in particular. The boy was bullied and you follow his story of how he dealt with it (or not at times), and his story is one that is inspiring for other kids (and parents) I think. 

Well worth watching!

Highlighted
Contributor
Nick-RO

Oh that is great news - really fantastic to have a trusted recommendation!  I am def going to schedule a viewing night with my son!

Super star contributor
taokat

Awesome @Nick-RO! I'll be really interested to hear what you both think of it!