Need help now?

How can i help my stressed child?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
Lkahn

Hello, i'm new in this community and i would like to ask how can i help my daughter. Lately she was having this mood swings she was even yelling at me sometimes. One day i asked her, Do you have a problem? Is there something i don't know? do u want to talk about it?. She didn't answer me, she just left. I'm getting angry at her sometimes. 

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Lan-RO

Re: How can i help my stressed child?

Hi @Lkahn welcome to ReachOut and thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear you have been having a tough time with your daughter. May I ask how old she is? It must be frustrating when you've tried to communicate with her and she doesn't answer. It's great that you are there for her and I can see you are a loving and caring parent. I've noticed that you are located outside of Australia and just wanted to advise that the resources provided are for within Australia. You are welcome to post on here however, we're here to listen and support you Heart I'll also tag some other members for some support @PositiveWhisper @taokat @CoogeeMagic2018

Casual scribe
Lkahn

HI @Lan-RO, yes you are right i'm not from Australia, that's because i don't want anyone to notice me. Because I was afraid they might talk about me when they know me. Talking about my daughter? she was only 11, she still a baby right? she's my only child.

Scribe
AudiR8

Hello @Lkahn.  I don't know if this will work but have you tried talking to her one-on-one in a quiet room then you show your vulnerability and concern and you ask her. You have to impose your authority if it comes to that in a very parental way. The first thing you have to know is her problem, then you can tackle it when you already know it but for now, you have to first make the problem surface before you can deal with it.