Need help now?

Advice on get better sleep?

Active scribe

My son began to complain that he wasn't comfortable sleeping on his bed. I know this isn't a new bed, but now I don’t have enough money to buy a new one. What can I do to make him sleep better and it’s not worth my whole fortune?

Mod

Re: Advice on get better sleep?

Hi @Linnn 

Hm, tricky question. It depends I guess. How old is his bed? What does he find uncomfortable about it?

Also, just so you're aware, I moved your thread to the "everyday parenting" section, as it is better suited to this aspect of the forums. I hope you don't mind Smiley Happy

Active scribe

No, I don't mind, I didn't know where I can ask this question and decided that I chose the right place for this. Sorry.
My son is 11 years old, this is a bed for a teenager, it's not small, but there are bumps due to the fact that children used to often jump on the bed.

Active scribe

Message contains a hyperlink

I don't know your financial situation, but if you can, then buy a topper. This is a good temporary solution that will allow you to have a flat surface for sleeping. I also advise you to choose an orthopedic pillow for your son, here is a video about how it helps to maintain proper posture during sleep and how it affects the health of a teenager. I hope you find a way to make the old bed more comfortable for your son. It seems to me that there should be many more tips on the Internet about what you can do with old bed having a small amount of money on it.