Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super contributor
Taylor-RO
Solution

Re: Depression after baby

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @newmama,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for sharing. We are so sorry to hear that things have been really difficult for you following the birth of your son. It must be so upsetting to experience these challenges and feelings as a new mum. Being a new parent is a major adjustment and there can be a lot of pressure and expectations around how you're supposed to feel and act now that baby is here. On top of that, it can become hard to look after yourself and the house. You aren't the only parent who has felt this way and there is nothing wrong with needing extra support during this time. It is really great that you have been able to write this post today and talk about what has been going on, that can take a lot of courage and strength.

Does your partner know how you are feeling at the moment? What do you think would make it easier for you to reach out for help? We found an article that discusses postpartum depression. This might not be what you are going through and we'd encourage you to explore this with your doctor but it might have some helpful tips and advice.

Also, just so you know, I have sent you through an email if you don't mind keeping an eye out for that. I also moved your post to another area of our forums to make it easier for other parents to find your post Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Super contributor
Taylor-RO
Solution

Re: Depression after baby

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @newmama,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for sharing. We are so sorry to hear that things have been really difficult for you following the birth of your son. It must be so upsetting to experience these challenges and feelings as a new mum. Being a new parent is a major adjustment and there can be a lot of pressure and expectations around how you're supposed to feel and act now that baby is here. On top of that, it can become hard to look after yourself and the house. You aren't the only parent who has felt this way and there is nothing wrong with needing extra support during this time. It is really great that you have been able to write this post today and talk about what has been going on, that can take a lot of courage and strength.

Does your partner know how you are feeling at the moment? What do you think would make it easier for you to reach out for help? We found an article that discusses postpartum depression. This might not be what you are going through and we'd encourage you to explore this with your doctor but it might have some helpful tips and advice.

Also, just so you know, I have sent you through an email if you don't mind keeping an eye out for that. I also moved your post to another area of our forums to make it easier for other parents to find your post Smiley Happy