Need help now?

Developmental Assessment for 6 year old

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
dhm1989

Has anyone had their child's school teacher suggest they get a developmental assessment in kindergarten for ADHD or any other type of attendition deficit disorder and have it come back with nothing?

My child's teacher has mentioned that my child gets distracted easily in class, struggles to maintain focus at times and is forgetful with belongings. Academically, my child is at the top of the class and so the teacher has recommended I have an IQ test done also.

I'm just a little reluctant to have this assessment done as I feel that my kindergartener may grow out of these things over time
Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Iona_RO

Re: Developmental Assessment for 6 year old

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @dhm1989 

Thanks for sharing what's happening for you and your 6 year old at the moment. I'm wondering if the teacher that suggested the developmental assessment was able to give you information about what the outcomes would be if your child was diagnosed?

I'm also wondering if you have been able to chat to your GP or another professional to get their opinion?

Raising Children's Network has some really great information about ADHD and getting a diagnosis that might be helpful as well. How are you feeling about what the teacher has mentioned?