Need help now?

Ex going to leave the country with my children

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Informational

I don’t have a label for my ex it went from Narc, evil to straight demon. Sometimes I just don’t understand him. But that besides the point. A few months ago he sues me so he can get passports for my kids. Of course I don’t want you taking my kids out the state let alone a third world country. I would go deeper into this conversation but the basic point is that the judge stated that it would fine for him to go but he had to provide an itinerary. Of course I’m stressing and thinking of all the things that could go wrong. My daughter is hard of hearing and my son he’s only 7 and his that could do no wrong. So aside from all the ritualistic ideas my mother put in my head. He could do this and that I’m just worried for my kids safety. He emails me tonight a three sentence email with the hotel name and the city and state where he would be in. Far from the itinerary that I was expecting to be drafted from a lawyer. I don’t know what to do. Should I just let him leave and then report him when If I can’t reach him at the location? I do not trust this man alone with my kids.

I know he’s just trying to stress me but someone please help and tell me what I should do!

Thank you.

Also my daughter hasn’t been wanting to go with him. She would cry and say no daddy. I even caught her making my pet hamster squeal as if she was upset she had to go with him.

What should I do. Am I just over reacting?

Highlighted
Star contributor
TOM-RO

Re: Ex going to leave the country with my children

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi Informational,

It sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment with trying to reach an amenable parenting arrangement with your husband. I feel it’s reasonable to have some concerns about your children travelling overseas if you feel his parental care has been lacking in the past. I feel like it’s not a bad idea to request a more detailed itinerary if you feel like you are not able to reasonably contact your ex-partner and children while they are travelling overseas.

It sounds like this situation has been fairly upsetting for your children. How have they been managing so far with the separation? What supports do they have to reach out to?

Do you have any concerns about your children’s safety at the moment? If you have concerns over their wellbeing in the care of your ex-partner, I would urge you to express these concerns with your local child protection agency if you feel these concerns serious.

It can be difficult to determine in these situations if our concerns are reasonable or if we are reacting strongly due to the emotions surrounding a separation and our ex. Have you been able to speak to a counsellor in regards to the separation and your feeling surrounding your ex?

We hope the reach out parenting forums can be of some support to you during this difficult time.

P.S

I have edited your post slightly to remove any identifying information as per our community guideline:

Stay anonymous at all times: please don’t post any information that could identify you or anyone you’re posting about, including school names/ teachers, or link to personal information like blogs or social media accounts. Please respect other people’s anonymity, even if you think you may know them in real life. 

For more information please visit the link here for our full community guidelines.