Need help now?

Laptop Recommendation

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
SmartMom23

Laptop Recommendation

Hi There,

Planning to get a new notebook for my 13yo. Well, hopefully, this COVID19 lockdown ends soon! :mask: Well I'm thinking about the touch screen and non-touch screens, they have their own pros and cons. If for gamer I don't see the point of having a touch screen I think. However, if you are always on the go like students, it is quite convenient to have a touch screen laptop. Well, they say a disadvantage of touch screens though is cost, additional weight, battery life, and viewing in direct sunlight. Any other inputs to share? I saw this useful reference - thewiredshopper.com/touch-screen-vs-non-touch-screen-laptops

Thanks,

Mitch

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: Laptop Recommendation

Hi @SmartMom23, thanks for sharing. It really does depend on what you intend to use the notebook for (e.g school, gaming). It is a personal decision which depends on the circumstances of your family. Unless this feature is important to you, it may be better to focus on the performance of the notebook if your funds are limited. If you do end up purchasing a touch screen, you may be able to disable the touch screen feature in times where it is not needed. If you need help with this, sales assistants are usually happy to help you pick out something Smiley Happy
Active scribe
MamaC80

Re: Laptop Recommendation

Mac book. Just bought one for myself and it’s awesome