Need help now?

Looking for some suggestions on cyberstalking and cyberbullying. HELP NEEDED!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
EmmaParker

My daughter is being cyberstalked and I'm afraid what can I do. That cyber stalker is black mailing her on her pictures and some personal stuff.

Suggestions needed

Highlighted
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: Looking for some suggestions on cyberstalking and cyberbullying. HELP NEEDED!

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @EmmaParker  Welcome to ReachOut Parents.

I liked your post but only because that's our only way of saying "We're so glad you're here!"

Thank you so much for posting your story. What an absolute nightmare for your daughter and you!!

We just had a conversation about cyberstalking. If you click here you can read it.

Have you looked at the Federal Police website? Click here to check it out

@Lily17 knows heaps about it. I'm hoping she'll have a chance to share soon.

Prolific scribe
Lily17

Re: Looking for some suggestions on cyberstalking and cyberbullying. HELP NEEDED!

First of all .. Breathe slowly and try not to panic.

What state are you in?

Exactly how is she being stalked? Phone email etc..

How long has it been going on?

How old is she?

There is a process to help you feel like you have some control it takes awhile - you could begin the process by going to ACORN online fed police. Approx 16pges nut you will need evidence only in writing at this stage.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Thanks @Lily17

Active scribe
EmmaParker

Message contains a hyperlink

Thanks @Ngaio-RO and @Lily17

"First of all .. Breathe slowly and try not to panic." that is really helpful.

Well it all started from me. I'm the actual victim and than that stalker moved to my daughter as well. She is just turn to 13.

I've started using VPN out of no where i don't whether it will help me or not. A friend of mine said probably is will be difficult to cyber stalker to track me and my daughter in future.

I didn't report to anyone as my daughter is involved and she is so young for all these

I read Kris Degioia's story as well and I'm inspired by her

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

It's great that you are able to stop for a moment and breathe @EmmaParker That's so important.

I'm so sorry you and your daughter are going through this. It's very scary. The story that you linked is very intense but it's great she was able to get justice and feel free by the end. But such a long time to suffer.

Have you spoken to the authorities?

Contributor
motherbear

@EmmaParker. So sorry to hear this is happening to you . This is horrific and exhausting and now your darling child is involved ! This means this stalker is getting cocky and brave and relentless and upping the ante .  The longer this goes on the greater the long term damage to you and your daughter . My advice :

Fight back , and fight back hard  now . They must not win . Keep all the evidence ,  report and record EVERTHING , hound the police . Make sure you get names of the policeman handling your case, ask for them specifically when you call again and again , make sure you have that case investigation  number on your lips to quote every single time you get a new detective on the line that you have to re- relay your darn story too yet AGAIN . 

Block all social media . Your daughter 's especially .  She might complain but tell her it's just temporary and she can use  the safest device the family has , landline ? To call friends . 

Change phone numbers if you have to . Ring  your service provider and let them know what is going on get them to help you with ways to protect your privacy and security .  

Best of luck we are thinking of you ! 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hi @EmmaParker Just wondering how things are going. Were you able to get any support from the authorities?