Montessori 3-6 class safety for 2.5 old

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Highlighted
Scribe
alisakina

Hi,
Can someone advise if 2.10 years old would be safe in 3-6 old class at Montessori school? I really love the school but I was told they have a lot of small toys there that could be a chocking hazard for young kids. I’ve never seen my daughter trying to put small toys into her mouth but you never know. I just want to be sure she is safe. The schools are close for parents due to the pandemic so I cannot just walk in and see all. I saw some toys as beads though in the website.
Contributor
Philippa-RO

Re: Montessori 3-6 class safety for 2.5 old

Hi @alisakina I'm really glad you felt able to post here on the forums.

As a parent myself, I would personally speak with the school about this to try and help make the decision clearer.
For example, I would be likely to ask the school things like:
- how closely do they supervise children with small items

- whether the small toys are kept out of reach at other times

- what training the staff have in terms of First Aid and managing emergencies

- is the school happy for a 2.10 year old child to attend the 3-6yr old class

- do they feel there are any safety risks

I'm sure you will have your own questions - these are just some examples.
As your daughter's parent, you know her best so with some more information, I'm sure you will be able to make the best decision for her, with advice from the school. 
If we can help in any other way, please feel free to post again.

Prolific scribe
Courtney-RO

Re: Montessori 3-6 class safety for 2.5 old

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @falicita and welcome to the online community!

It can be really helpful hearing how other families have been surprising and entertaining their children, so thank you for sharing this. What other things have you found that seem to keep your children entertained while still allowing them to develop?

Just a little note to let you know that I have had to edit your post slightly to fit in with our Community Guidelines.