Need help now?

Parent and court orders

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
StayingStrong

Parent and court orders

Hi, wanted to see if someone has 50% shared custody with their child and one parent continually breaches orders? Has the other parent just changed schools without consent from the other parent?
Contributor
Philippa-RO

Re: Parent and court orders

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @StayingStrong and welcome to the forums.

When it comes to things like parenting orders and shared custody, it's probably best to connect with a service like the Family Relationship Advice Line - hopefully they can help with some guidance on how to find out the information you're looking for.

If you'd like to share any more of what's been happening for you and how you're feeling about it, we're here to listen and offer our support. 

Casual scribe
SkyBlue123

Hi @StayingStrong just seeing if you were able to sort out your issues about the breaches with the other parent?

I've been in a similar situation and it's not the most enjoyable.

We had to go through a mediation service to resolve our issues. 

Active scribe
StayingStrong

Hi SkyBlue123, still currently going through meditation. On a good note, the child is still going to the same primary school, after her mother never took her all of term 1 and start of term 2, so I did what was in my control and contacted the correct government bodies for them to enforce their ACTS on parents who breach education law. Since then they have acted apon my very detailed email and contacted the mother, the child has been attending school the past 3 weeks in her mother's care, so that's a win, and that's a good one for now! I hope you've achieved good outcomes in meditation which makes life a little easier....
Casual scribe
SkyBlue123

Hi @StayingStrong,

I’m happy to hear that it’s worked out for you and for your daughter too.

Mediation is a much better option than going to court (again). Yes, and sometimes you’ve just got to contact the appropriate authority to get things moving.

That’s great what you did with your email. In my case, I had to put on the bluff that I was going to start court proceedings again, and from that she was more open to going to mediation to sort it all out for our son.

We’ve got to take every win that comes our way, whether big or small.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @StayingStrong 

It sounds wonderful that your child is attending the same primary school Smiley Happy

This sounds like a really stressful time for you at the moment! How have you been looking after your wellbeing during this time? With so much going on sometimes we forget to look after ourselves! Would you like some services so you can talk about your emotions during this transition?  

Active scribe
StayingStrong

Hi, I'm a very strong resilient person and just keep looking forward towards the future. Personally my well-being is really great and I ensure that I remain positive and keep investing in what is best for the family. I've been a pillar of strength helping my partner through this situation, remaining calm, focused and ensuring we are doing everything which is in our control and in the best interests of his daughter. It's sometimes been a struggle on our relationship due to his ex's abuse towards us both, but with my continued support in this situation our relationship as a couple and family grows stronger. The major affects happens on my partner emotionally, but we work through it using mindfulness techniques and doing things we enjoy. But he knows and the little wins along the way is our love and support which help us through some of the tough times.