Need help now?

What do you do in autumn?

Scribe
Beal71

I have a 16 month old and a 2 month old, I'm obviously still on maternity leave and won't be returning to work till well into the new year.

I absolutely love the autumn/ prechristmas winter season and would love to be out and about with the kids. What do you do with your young kids once the weather turns lovely and cold??

Mod
TOM-RO

Re: What do you do in autumn?

Hi @Beal71 

Autumn is such a beautiful season to be outside. It can be particularly fascinating for children too. Teaching children about the uniqueness of each season can be so fun through activities like collecting things such as pinecones or autumn leaves when outside exploring and helping them understand the natural world. Which part of the world are you in? Specific outdoors activities will really depend on what you have around you, perhaps this can be a thread where parents can discuss all the things their young children like to do as the weather gets colder. Smiley Very Happy

Community Manager
Philippa-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

@Beal71 welcome to the forums!
Autumn is such a beautiful season - my children liked collecting fallen leaves and making arts and crafts with them when they were little... they also loved nothing more than putting on their gumboots and raincoats and jumping in puddles. Smiley Very Happy

I wanted to let you know that because the ReachOut Parent forum is mostly aimed at parents of 12-18 year olds, the responses here might be a little limited, but the Raising Children Network has some great activity guides in case you'd like to take a look.

Have fun! 

Casual scribe
jorhahiltan

Here's a list of 26 things you can do during autumn that will keep you occupied and allow you to enjoy the coziest season of the year.