Need help now?

baby 4 months is sleeping alot and has a reduced appetite for 2 days. is this normal?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

baby 4 months is sleeping alot and has a reduced appetite for 2 days. is this normal?

Casual scribe
autis_mum09

my baby has just turned 4 months.
I have noticed since last 2 days that he is taking more and longer naps through the day. his appetite has also gone down from 150 -180 ml to 100-120 ml.
he has no fever, he is drooling a lot but no visible teething, otherwise he is a calm baby. is this normal
Prolific scribe
Courtney-RO

Re: baby 4 months is sleeping alot and has a reduced appetite for 2 days. is this normal?

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @autis_mum09 and Welcome to our online community! It is so lovely to have you here.

Thank you for sharing some of your situation with us. It sounds like a really difficult situation to go through on your own, so I'm really glad that you reached out today.

It can be really hard navigating all of these changes, from changing sleep schedules to appetite changes, so I just want to remind you that you're not alone in this.It sounds like an incredibly stressful situation, so I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this right now. I am just wondering if you have been able to share these concerns with anyone else just yet?

I am mindful of how stressful this can be, and so I am wondering what supports you have around you right now. Is there anyone, perhaps a health professional, that you might feel comfortable reaching out to and talking through some of these changes? If you are concerned, we encourage you to reach out to your local GP for more information and more personalised support on what you can do.

If you are interested in having a read at all, The Raising Children Network has some great articles, including articles on Sleep and Eating. Do you think they might help at all?

I just want to remind you that you're not alone and we're all here for you.