Need help now?

cross-cultural education

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
Grace-123

cross-cultural education

When I was in China, I found that Chinese parents attatched great importance to sending their children to those online cross-cultural programme even when children are 4 years old! I have a 4 year-old naughty boy. And I was surprised at his 11-year-old cousin had been sent to take part in a UK-China grow-along online programme to chat with a Chinese girl by his mum. Am I out of date now? Children should be in online schooling?

Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: cross-cultural education

Hi @Grace-123,

Schooling is an ever changing environment these days with the increased access to technology. Online and home schooling options are becoming more accessible, and we are hearing more on the forums how alternatives to mainstream schooling are being used to support young people.

Cross-cultural education has really been growing and it's interesting to hear about some of the programs available. I think that schooling is really up to the decision of the family and what you think is best for your child. For some children, they learn better in a classroom and others benefit from online education. 

Is this something you are considering for your boy?

Check out our community activities calendar here
Active scribe
Grace-123

Thanks a lot! That's what I'm concerning about. I think I need to learn more from other young parents on child education.

Casual scribe
Rachel123

Quite interesting! I have been troubled by this concern for a few weeks. My friends shared a source to me, asking me to search key words in Facebook. I tried. And numerable online schooling institutions emerged. I think it will be helpful for you, too.

Active scribe
Grace-123

Thank you, I would do searching!
Active scribe
Grace-123

Thanks a lot! That's what I'm concerning about. I think I need to learn more from other young parents on child education.