Need help now?

helpful suggestions for sleeping better - for our teens

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

helpful suggestions for sleeping better - for our teens

Highlighted
Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Re: helpful suggestions for sleeping better - for our teens

I wish my kids would still come & curl up next to me for the night. I tell that to parents of little ones who are feeling the guilts because their kids still sleep with them (usually brought on by someone criticising their parenting). 

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Same here @Ngaio-RO if my 17 year old daughter is having a really day, she will still come sleep with me.  It is a great comfort to us both.  On very rare occasions, we might watch a movie in my bed together then fall asleep.  I love how it brings us closer, and she usually has a really good nights sleep.

Casual scribe
Snopea70

My daughter had some anxiety issues when she started high school. A psychologist diagnosed her with a condition called Pyrrole Disorder and started her on some vitamin supplements and one in particular for sleep. It's a natural supplement that helps with a number of health conditions. I've found it works brilliantly in helping her sleep and keeping her calm. 

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Snopea70, welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing what has worked for your daughter. 

I have just edited your comment as we cannot discuss medication names and details under our community guidelines here. We just need to be mindful that we do not know what medications others teens are on, or of any contradictions they might have with other medications or vitamins. 

It's a good suggestion though, and a discussion with the doctor or prescribing psychiatrist could be had about vitamins could aide in sleep.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Hey @Snopea70

What's Pyrrole Disorder? I've never heard of that before.

Casual scribe
Snopea70

Message contains a hyperlink

I'm sorry but have taken down the link as written permission needs to be given to place links in the forum. Please check out the guidelines here or feel free to ask if you have any questions.