Need help now?

A single thought for my younger self...

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

I think most of us are familiar with the concept of "What I would tell my younger self."

Well, for me, that's so many things I can't keep track.

So, any time you think of something you wish you'd known as a young person, or something you wish you could go back and tell yourself, post it here!

supernatural children panting dont s05

Highlighted
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: A single thought for my younger self...

I'll start...

Hey younger self, don't worry about feeling like a weirdo. Everyone your age feels like a weirdo. Literally. Everyone.

Frequent scribe
Elena

Mine would be " Be proud of yourself and what you can become. Don't let others put you down, it is their problem if they don't 'get' you."

Super star contributor
taokat

...follow your dreams, don't let others discourage you. Remain strong and convicted to achieve what you want.

Contributor
Beingme2017

What a great thing to stop and think about !

I think mine would be -

really get to know who you are and what makes you tick , don't just get caught up with what everybody else is doing

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

I love it @Beingme2017

Can you imagine how different adolescence would be if you knew who you were and what you needed and were completely ok with that?

sahlooter wow chris pratt emotions emotion GIF

Super frequent scribe
AeroGirl

I love this idea @Ngaio-RO. I'd have a lot of things to say too

One of mine would be "the whole world is not against you. there will be key people who come across your path who believe in you - you've got to take the risk and believe the things the say about you, even if you don't see it in yourself. they will be pivotal moments"