Need help now?

Having another baby

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Brk81

Having another baby

We are a blended family myself with 4 kids my partner with 1. We have been doing ivf for 2 years bit I'm struggling with the idea of stopping. My partner is wanting to stop, sating maybe we should just focus on our relationship and keep it good and let go of ivf. Will I regret it down the track? And is he saying this to save me from more dissapointment? Is a blended child a positive or negative? Anyone with experience?
Contributor
Hannah-RO

Re: Having another baby

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @Brk81 

This is such a tough decision and a really tricky spot for you to be in right now. Do you feel pressured to make the choice right now? Or do you have some more time to talk it through with your partner further?

I hope other parents are able to jump on here and provide support as well but if you wanted to chat to someone one-on-one you could maybe try Parentline. They offer phone counselling to talk through any issues related to parenting, if you think that might be helpful for you. 

Let us know how you get on Heart

Super frequent scribe
Dem--RO
Moved Moved:

Re: Having another baby

Sorry we had to hide your post this time, unfortunately it was against the community guidelines and I’ll send you an email with some more information about this. We know it wasn’t on purpose, please make sure you have a read of the community guidelines. Thank you.