Need help now?

Mother's day - what did you get up to?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Happy day of the Mum for yesterday! it's a great opportunity to celebrate all those people who play a mother-role in our lives! I read a really interesting article about the history of Mother's day here.

What did you  get up to? We had lunch with my Mum and my sister - a new mum, her first mother's day - then afternoon tea with my 95 year old grandma, a legend!

How about you?

Founding member
Polly

Re: Mother's day - what did you get up to?

Happy belated Mother's Day sounds like a lovely way to spend time with the women in your life......bbq breakfast, watched son play soccer and Italian restaurant for dinner with my two lovely teens and husband. A great reflective day of gratitude for family and love.
Highlighted
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Exactly @Polly!
Sounds like you had a great day, love a BBQ and also Italian! Smiley Happy
Founding member
Murgatroyd

Message contains a hyperlink

I know we are well past Mother's Day.. I wanted to share this very interesting article on changing the way you think about Mother's Day. I know I have had some Mother's Days when I felt the way the author describes - unappreciated and very resentful. The article challenges the idea of 'expecting gratitude'. I think it would also work for any of the days where we have high expectations and high emotions e.g. Christmas and birthdays. By the way I had a lovely Mother's Day Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe
HalleysComet

Such an interesting article @Murgatroyd - have never thought about it that way before... Thanks for sharing